Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

This is not what I originally planned to make for dinner last night. But I'm no slave to structure (see how I made the recipe on MONDAY?). . . and technically, I had this for lunch today so it counts. You can breathe that type A sigh of relief now.

Super Tasty and Somewhat Healthy-ish Taco Salad

1 lb. ground turkey
1 can black beans (very well rinsed)
1-2 pkgs. of taco seasoning.
1 head of lettuce
2 Roma tomatoes (extremely well seeded)
green onions
taco sauce
sour cream (reduced fat)
shredded cheese of your choice
tortilla chips

1. Brown the turkey, add the beans and seasoning, simmer. In a perfect world I would have added a couple large handfuls of chopped cilantro after all of this was mixed, but last night it didn't happen.
2. Chop the lettuce. I use my super spiffy plastic knife thingie from Pampered Chef. Then put it in a large bowl filled with cold water to "rinse" it. Don't think about the dirt/grit that's in the bowl later when you strain it.
3. Wash and chop the veggies. I had onions b/c I love them and tomatoes b/c they're growing on me (chopped/diced very fine).
4. Layer the well drained lettuce, meat/bean mixture, and cheese in a large bowl. Put the cheese right on the meat so it will melt.
5. Top with tomatoes and onions, a few dabs of sour cream. Drizzle taco sauce LIGHTLY around the top of the bowl.
6. Grab a couple of handfuls of chips, crushing them slightly as you sprinkle them around the perimeter of the bowl (b/c it looks PURTY).
7. Show off your pretty bowl of taco salad (like I did at work today), and then dive in.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice and thorough article thanks for sharing please write more post like this True Value Black Friday Deals

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!