Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mom, whatever you do, do NOT read this post!

Just a couple weeks ago, I wrote about finding stability this past year and feeling at home in my apartment. Even at that time, I knew I was already thinking about moving. I didn't want to jump to a decision for the wrong reasons, but I did have a few valid reasons for relocating. I gave it some thought and was still not decided.
I do love the downtown area, the character of the buildings, the busyness of things. I realized that in the past a majority of my adult life I have purposefully lived in older, more urban areas. I have seen and even lived in some very charming places.
That said, there were two issues that swayed me to moving out of this "big" city-like town and to another nearby town. I refuse to call it a suburb. I refuse. Anyway, a few weeks ago, a long-standing "issue" with a neighbor came to a screeching halt. There is an older man, mostly drunk, who has a sweet dog, Suzie. I have fed and watered Suzie when her owner was too drunk to put her inside, out of the blazing sun. I have kept Murphy in when he'd rather be on a walk b/c she agitates him to the point of snarling. I have led her back home to her chain when she's broken free. I have stood face to face with her owner, acknowledging that I did call the police/animal control when she was running into rush hour traffic, and I responded to his threats to slash my tires by informing him that I knew about 23 different area police officers. No, I will not track him down to confess my lie. And when he's not angry drunk he's disgusting drunk. About two or three weeks ago he knocked on my door. He started out talking about Suzie, and then offered me his. . . . well, his services. I never would have let him inside my house, but the fact that I stood in my doorway with him on my porch disturbed me enough that it took me 30 minutes to leave my house after that.
ANYWAY (apparently I needed the therapeutic release of typing all that). That led me to desire a more. . . peaceful location. So I have looked and compared and second-guessed and budget-checked and am sure I will be moving (at the end of the month woohoooo), and kinda almost fairly certain-ish that I know where to.
Then, tonight, as I was putting my laundry away (and by "away" I mean the basket is in my room instead of the living room), I saw him. My old nemesis. Not drunkie, but something worse.

He's here to talk about his family.
I killed them with much pleasure on a fairly regular basis last spring.
I will not miss him. Even though I missed him with my shoe.
I did, however, spray some of this junk in the general direction where he fell. That was after I spent 10 minutes searching for this can. So he may have crept away. To tell his friends.
Oh yeah, and just because the can says "botanical" don't mean it still don't stank.
So, thanks for bearing with me through Spiderpalooza 2009. Come back tomorrow and I will show you some super cute squishy baby pictures.

2 comments:

  1. So my freshman year of college a spider crawled across my desk, and I do believe I called Mom, (possibly at work) and screamed. Thinking that she, in Missouri, a whole state away, could scare the spider away. I then proceded to chase the said spider with a pair of drumsticks. Yes I am just that vicious. And definitely the baby too. *sigh* Glad to know that my dislike of spiders isn't just because I was born last...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You killed Charlotte! Oh no!!!!!!!!

    Happy for your new move! Welcome to the suburbs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!