Wednesday, April 8, 2009

God told me to buy new underwear

Sometimes God speaks loudly. Sometimes he whispers. Sometimes he uses signs. Sometimes he speaks by not speaking. Man, I hate those times!
Last Saturday I did some flea marketing with a good friend of mine. At one of our last stops, I found a brand new treadmill for only $150. It was a good brand too. And by "good brand" I mean it looked (un-assembled) like it was sturdy and long lasting and would hold clothes and hangers and boxes really well. I had a dilemma. Now is not really the time to spend the money on a tread mill, even for such a great deal. So, I told the lady that I would think about it and maybe stop by this week. I should get points for this, if you're keeping track.
Also on my list of important topics: should I buy new underwear or just keep praying that I don't get in an car accident or some other catastrophe that gives the greater area medical community the opportunity to view evidence of my thriftiness? My answer on this was no, I have some perfectly good underwear that would be more comfortable if I met more often with the treadmill than the Braum's peanut butter cup ice cream (amen).
Today I stopped by the thrift store after work. The treadmill was gone. I wasn't even disappointed. I immediately calculated how much underwear $150 would buy. Too much, for sure, but rest assured, this Easter I will be holy in spirit only.

1 comment:

  1. This is hysterical!! Girl, now YOU have a fan, too. Thanks for writing on my blog so I found you. Your blog is fantastic. I'll be a regular now.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!