Saturday, April 4, 2009

Soon and very soon

It's April, but it feels like January on the Tundra. Still, as I drive around town, I see my favorite spots. There's the produce stand on Glenstone, the Commercials Street Farmer's Market, the F.M. at the mall, the farm in the middle of town. . . well those are pretty much my favorites. It makes me eager for spring to really arrive. So it's warm enough to leave the windows open at home or down in the car. When cooking is about creativity and not energy conservation. It's the time of year I am most able to convince myself that I could start a garden. I don't ever fully convince myself, but this is the time of year I can kind of think that maybe it might actually (and magically) happen.
However, when snow is in the forecast and you had to bundle up for some spring yard sale-ing, it's hard to believe any of it will happen. That's why I am clicking my flip-flops three times "there's no place like spring. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!