Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This week in Pictures

(I am going to put this on a t-shirt)
I would like to give you the impression that my recent non-writing life has been filled wondrous and exciting adventures, keeping me too busy to stop and write them down. But, since I see most of you every day, that would be difficult to pull off. I will say that my days have been full (sometimes of naps and procrastination, but still full). And I do have some things to share with you. My dilemma is, do I squeeze 4-5 somewhat interesting things into one amazing-ish post? Or do I drag it out and give myself material to post on over the next several days?
Lucky for you, I am not a believer of delayed gratification. And besides, who knows what discoveries I might make tomorrow that will trump the info I have handy today?

So, without further blabbing...I bring you...
Sisters.
Like me-n-my sister, they share a humor that is often beyond comprehension of those around them. Lucky for me, we're related, so I sometimes understand it too.

WHY. . . would I show you a toe with a nail in bad need of a trim?
Also, those flip flops are the best 10 bucks I've ever spent.
Maybe because it's not a toe at all.
I have wanted to take a picture of this from the day I got my camera.

Luckily, I have a sister with a great sense of humor. It will carry her through the hardships of her disability. She can't text. She can barely bowl. That sucker gets stuck in the ball!!

This is my Aunt Nellie (and her mom, my Granny).
We will never get a picture of the both of them smiling but not acting silly. They are two of a kind. And when I was little and Nellie was a teenager, I used to try to get her in trouble so I could watch Granny chase her around the house with the fanny-whacker. I was horrible, but thankfully, as you can see above, they are no worse for the experience.
This is a disgusting toy my secret Santa gave me. Squeeze it, and it comes squishing out all around that net stuff (it's too gross to take a picture of). My cube-mate stole it because she likes gross stuff. And from time to time she would squish it in my direction, because she's MEAN. And then it BROKE. And I was so. . . grieved. . .
And there you have it. A peek into the randomness of my life.
Ta-da!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well God had to find SOME way to distract people from my long, lanky arms...so he ended them with...TOE thumbs! Lucky for me I can do enough good things with the long arms that it makes up for the lack of toe-thumb texting ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel & Luke's MomMarch 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

    I'm thankful for your sister, as well!

    Dean's sister gave the boys one of those weird-o balls too and it lasted about 30 minutes. Let's just say that you don't want those things to bust on your carpet! The orange does not come out. But, I'm so over that... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!