Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

I can't believe I missed tasty Tuesday again. To be fair, I did create this http://startfreshfromherecooking.blogspot.com/ yesterday. Or was it Monday? Either way, I spent most of yesterday trying not to think about food and working on fever reduction. And today I made 4 gallons of my salsa for a fundraiser. . . so aside from smelling like fresh onions and garlic (and cilantro!), I am not very excited about recipes or cooking just yet.
Does anyone have a great homemade chicken soup recipe? I think I may make some this weekend, and I don't already have a trusty favorite.
I created the cooking blog because I wait in great anticipation for the spring opening of our local farmer's markets. I can't wait to start exploring and expanding my horizons. Do you visit your farmer's market or produce stands? What do you like best?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a heavy farmers' marketer! Well, except last year b/c I had my own garden. But I still went and got some things that I didn't grow. I always enjoy buying the fresh little new potatoes! They're so good. And the small onions to go with them. Mmmmmmm! But one of my FAV things about going to the market is buying fresh flowers! They always seem so cheery and I love making a bouquet out of them!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!