Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Can't put a price on education. . .or a good paper towel holder

It has been my pleasure to be a part of this group of crazy communication majors for almost a year now. We are all in a "degree completion" program that caters to adults who have college hours but no degrees. We meet one night a week, five weeks per class. . . for a year and a half. With the same people. Every week. The same. Crazy. People. Let me just say, I am certain that God put each of us in this class for a reason. I couldn't imagine surviving this very busy, hard work filled, often stressful time with any other crazy people. We don't always sit this close, by the way. Our professor squished us like that and left us there for a good hour of lecturing, just to prove a point about personal space. I learned that I like my space.


The same night that the above class completed some real-life experiments, I found this paper towel holder at a local thrift store. Now, I am not planning on using paper towels for much longer (another day, another post), but I couldn't resist it's red-ness. I love red, and since I am now living in an apartment and can no longer have the delicious, brick red kitchen wall of my old kitchen, I find many (many) other ways to incorporate red into my decor. This was 1.98. Not bad, for decor.




2 comments:

  1. Aw...nice to put some faces with the names we hear about! May 7, 2010 - got it! :-) You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have driven me nuts to sit that close to people for a whole class, no matter how much I liked them!

    Niiiiccceee paper towel holder!! I love red, too. Let's go thrifting together soon -- I've been wanting some vintage finds.

    I'm intrigued . . . quitting paper towels? Are you going green?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!