Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

This recipe is both simple and frugal. As Hannah Montana would say, it's the best of both worlds! In case you didn't know it by now. . . I am a dork. I own it. Love it or leave it.
My sister and I first learned how to make these cookies in G.A.'s, back in the day. I still use this recipe (with a modification or two) any time I need to make peanut butter cookies. And I'm using the word "need" loosely.

So Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg

Blend together. I usually add a spoon or two of flour to help them hold together better. A pinch of salt, maybe some vanilla. This is why I don't bake, even THIS recipe is to constrictive for me.

Spoon, roll, use a cookie scoop, drop onto a cookie sheet, dip a fork in a shallow bowl of sugar and press into each dough ball, making a criss-cross pattern.

Bake at 350, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Sometimes I double the recipe, add another 1/3 cup of p.b. to the dough and a bag of chocolate chips, and press into my rectangular baking stone. This bakes for about 12-15 minutes, then let cool before slicing into cookie bars.

Sorry there are no pictures. To do that I would have to do some dishes and then actually bake these tonight. I'm baking them tomorrow. Use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!