Monday, February 23, 2009

Coupon-a-rama

Two posts in one day, I know! The joy. . .
I have been testing the waters of the couponing world. There are some great sites out there, and I'm learning a lot. So far, I really just focus on Dillon's, but this week our Price Cutter had a "Buy one get one free" sale, so I took some coupons there and. . . I really needed to stock up on pretty much any/everything (amazing what cleaning out the fridge will do for you), so I was just looking for deals and less boxed meals/more whole foods. The total was 48.00, with a savings of about 53%. The cereal was buy one get one free, and I had some $1/3 coupons. I bought a LOT b/c I could, and in hindsight I probably should have just bought about 1/2 the amount of cereal I did. Live and learn. The eggs were the special of the day, .69/dozen, limit 2. Grands were 4/$4, plus I had $1/3. I didn't realize Price Cutter would double coupons, so that was cool. Then, I had Cellfire coupons that were going to expire, so I headed over to Dillons. . .

The total here was about 14.00, total savings about 55%. Snack mixes were about .97/each after double coupons and Cellfire. Everything else had a coupon except for the kielbasa sausage and tortilla chips. There's more snack/frozen food in this one, but the coupons made for great and convenient deals, and if being able to pop a breakfast Lean Pocket in the microwave keeps me from a quick run through a drive through, then I call that well worth it.
I am definitely stocked up for a month or more, minus some more fresh fruit, veggies, and milk (HA!). I am still pretty new to this, and I don't know yet how big a part of my life and budget couponing will become, but I have to say, every little bit helps and I am at the very least glad I've experienced some success.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you Carrie! You're doing great at couponing.

    Heather N.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!