Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Commitment Issues


I have commitment issues. I bring this up because it was my biggest drawback to starting a blog. I have all the evidence I need to support this theory. Plastic storage tubs full of patterns and material. Yarn. Empty photo albums. Several years worth of unwritten and un-sent Christmas cards (and a VERY Merry Christmas to you!). All the supplies for Pampered Chef business success. . . and so on. The yarn is especially ambitious as I can only crochet in a straight line and sometimes turn.


But I have a theory about my theory. I think that all of my commitment issues can be solved with one basic issue. If I could only resolve this one issue...stay committed just long enough...I believe that all of my other procrastinations and postponements would start to fall into place.


Don't think I haven't tried. Again. And again and again. Sometimes, after several failures, I will give up for a while...but I always go back to it. THIS time will be different. THIS time I will see it through to the end. If I just do this...or that..this time I will remain committed.
I did this today. Went through my little conversation in my head. Convinced myself for the 10 billionth time that THIS time was it.







This is the milk that I threw out today because...



of this milk I bought at Wal-Mart (and also b/c it expired LAST YEAR),
even though...



this one still has a cereal bowl's worth of milk left.
I feel the calcium seeping from my bones as we type.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!