Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No pressure or anything

Lately, I have been reading blogs way more than attempting to write in them. I have gotten caught up in the "this blog mentions this blog which refers to that blog and hey this funny friend is on that blog..." of it all. And the funniest part? They are strangers. Oh, I read my friends' blogs too...but this chain-o'-blog addiction type...thing...has been pretty cool too. First of all, it satisfies my subconscious stalker urge. I've peeked into the lives of many women lately. Moms, friends, daughters etc... and have come back encouraged and uplifted. I have watched a mom in Arkansas struggle with the health issues of her new born baby, checked out the recipes of a mom in (I think) Mississippi and another in Texas. I have looked and listened.
And then thought...what do I have to write about? The thought didn't discourage me or give me blog-envy (much)...but my busy stalking-ness did occupy my would-be blogging time.
And I do have ideas and thoughts and little snippets of my life that I'm looking forward to sharing with all 3 or 1 of you who read this. But right now, I guess you could say I am the "grasshopper" learning from the....who is it that says "ahh....very good grasshopper" ? ? ?

So...what have I been doing this week? Thanks to Heather's blog at http://nothnagelnews.blogspot I learned that I could save between 50-60% on my groceries at Dillons. I followed her tips, clipped some coupons, took my plus card and i DID save. And I had very VERY few coupons compared to the "pro's."
And, thanks to http://www.thebigmamablog.com, I have laughed and laughed. I like this one so much that I even read lots of her old posts...really old ones.
And because of http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot I had my first (and second, and third) good cry of 2009.
Those are a taste of what I've been reading...who I've been "meeting."
When I get a little more blog savvy I will put up that list of blogs I read...starting with http://www.deanandshelley.blogspot . :)
Until then...I will stay right here in my toasty little igloo and try not to think of the amount of work it will take to chisel out my car tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...grasshopper, you learn from the master...but that's not me! We both know it's PW! :-) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!