Saturday, January 3, 2009

I blog because....I can?

I never intended to get sucked into the "blogging" world. But vast amounts of free time and the enjoyment of friends' and family's blogs has opened the door for me. Finally, a way to share the thoughts, however random, that are in my head. MY HEAD! I think back to my childhood, when vacations always had at least one (or 7) rolls of film that didn't quite fit in with the "family stands in front of Alamo" theme. Not my pictures, but my mom's. Most of the time we just thumbed through those with the passing thought--oh Mom, people's feet? Really?--and then moved on...but possibly, had she had the outlet of BLOGGING, my mom might not have been so misunderstood.
So...in my life...what are my everyday thoughts and reactions? What's bugging me...what cracks me up...what's it to you? No idea. But that's part of the draw. I won't try to sell you on this blog. I am sure to have my "rolls and rolls of feet pictures." But then, it's my blog. My pictures. My feet. Or, probably not so much my feet...but we'll see how the wind blows.
I will say that I mulled this over for several weeks (and by "mulled" I mean I would randomly think about it for about 2.6 seconds whenever it popped into my head), and my biggest worry was, what to name my blog. We name our dogs based on restaurants and street signs we pass along the way home (thus papa MURPHY and Sassy red--miss you Sassy). I did want my blog to represent more than just my superficial thoughts...and "Start Fresh From Here" is kind of the motto or lesson that I have been learning for a while now. More on that later. Anyway, thanks for 'stopping by' and I hope to see and hear more from you in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be reading along! Yay for blogs! :) -Cara (Burchett) Greninger

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!