Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Home?

Springfield. Home for so long. Full of good people and good memories. And actually, I have been gone for just one year. And now, it would seem, Springfield is the most likely candidate for future plans. Still, I am not excited about this. I'm not unexcited, but I'm not excited. You know? When I moved a year ago, I missed my Missouri people. I did not miss Springfield. No hard feelings, no unkind thoughts, I was just that sure that Kansas was the right move. I still think it was the right move. My heart said that my husband had the best chance of being successful, of living with his illness and struggles, in his hometown, with his family and our church and friends. My heart still says that his best chance lies in the little town that holds my heart. And while I am not making any permanent plans yet, in my own muddled mind, I just don't see how I could continue to live in this town. And Springfield holds MY family (a lot of them, anyway), and is near-er to the majority of the rest of my family. So, you know, convenience on top of everything else. Anyway. There's no real point in sharing this other, lower priority, struggle right now. It will be a while before I have to make any official decisions. But I am here now, for a few days, and hoping to find something to encourage me. No pressure, Springfield.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I heard you say once that you were planning to move to Africa next summer. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what you said. (Unless of course I'm called to Italy, Japan, Mexico, Indonesia, Antartica, or some other place.) In one of those such cases, I'm pretty sure I heard you mention where ever I'm moving to. Because, let's face it. How have we both lived so long without being nearer to the "other sister?" :D Love you! You'll find your place...what about KC?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!