Monday, November 8, 2010

Modern Woman's Prayer

Not that I am, by any means, "modern." Which is what they used to call trendy or in style back in the olden days (so I've heard)...but I jokingly texted a couple of these to my friend and accountability partner, and though they make me laugh a little, they are my heart's desire a lot.

Dear God, please help me to crave YOU the way I can crave chocolate.
Dear God, please help me to search for you as diligently as I search for the perfect pair of shoes.
Dear God, please help me to be as committed to reading your word as I am to updating my Facebook status.
Dear God, please help me to find as much (or MORE) rest in your promises as I do in my cozy flannel sheets.
Dear God, I want to know more about your love than I know about the latest Hollywood gossip.
Dear God, I want to be as concerned with your plans for my life as I am for my weekend.
Those were just a few. What would your Dear God prayer say?

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a wonderful prayer to say - something that will also work as a life plan and goal. When I came across this, I felt very honoured because it speaks to the goals I have to.

    Be blessed and thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!