Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A cup full

Or a full cup?
I have been extremely blessed lately. My heart is full. It is still broken and grieving, but God is quietly moving, sewing and bandaging and healing things that I don't notice until....well, until I notice them. I am so thankful, this Thanksgiving season, for so much. I have the greatest friends and a wonderful family. My church, oh my heart. My church has blessed me. Not only with obvious support and prayers, but through obedience. In our faith, the Bible has specific instructions for situations and issues. And confronting those issues, though straight-up Biblical, is often difficult, awkward, and un-fun. And I have experienced churches (good churches) who refused to stand in that gap, and the let-down was always difficult. But this church, the church that weighed heavily in the equation of returning to my husband's hometown, the church where we were married and where some of our best, most healthiest, times were spent, this church has been Church. To me. To my husband. The outcome was not God's design, but acting in obedience has encouraged me. I, too, can continue to try my best to obey, even when it's uncomfortable or awkward. Or hard. Or beyond my imagination. And the funny thing is, when I was weighing the decision, risk, cost, the everything of moving back here, I was always thinking about what would benefit Jimmy. And really, this church that knows how to be Church, it has been my beacon. MY benefit. My honor to be called a member. So, in a time of hard stuff and life-changes that I've had no vote in or control over, I have been blessed by much, filling my cup to the very brim, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!