Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grace....stinkin' AMAZING

Time is tickin' away....(any old school D.C. Talk fans out there??)
Things will soon be changing. My husband will be coming home, and though I don't yet know the date, it is close enough to say "sooner than later". All of those things that have felt as if they were put on hold indefinitely will have to be decided, experienced, worked out, worked through, worked over...probably some wounds will be reopened, and for their own good. Healing will begin. Well, that's not true--a new type of healing will begin. But I can't discredit the healing that has already been "in progress."
As I get ready for this time, time that I know I will need prayer and encouragement more than ever, I can't help but just be in total, complete, mouth-dropping awe at what God has done for me. I have made it this far, by the GRACE of God. I have not filed for divorce, by the GRACE of God. I can honestly say that I love my husband now, more than ever, by the GRACE of God. I have maintained my God-given gift of humor, by the GRACE of God. I have been blessed by the prayers of many, because of God's GRACE in their lives. I am able to truly hope for the complete restoration of my marriage, because I know the GRACE of God. We still have so, so, SO far to go, and honestly, I don't care how long it takes us to get there. If you want to get down to it, the only thing I really care about is knowing more and more and more about God's grace. How to let it fill me up, how to let it pour from me. How to let our marriage be submerged in that grace. That said, there are two verses that are hitting home in our life this week.
The first one, I have been blessed to see in my own husband this week (well, more than this week, but this week it has knocked my socks off!).
Philippians 1:9 "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

The second one kind of sums up how I got here, to this point of being ready and willing to walk through the fire with my husband, to be prepared (or at least hope I am) to be refined and redeemed together, through God's GRACE in healing our marriage.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Be praying!
Love,

1 comment:

  1. Love keeping up with you and Jimmy (and Murphy) on Facebook and this blog, Carrie. I'm praying like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!