Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter

I'm continuing my week of music that means Easter to me. This song pretty much sums up the "why" of Easter. Why did Christ willingly chose to endure, to be tortured, to be separated from his Father? So that I can say "My chains are gone....I've been set free!" To know that grace, to have been brought up believing in that grace, is greater than any fortune I could ever inherit.



The end of this song really sums it up. I don't place my faith in God for the help he brings me in THIS world, but for the glory that it will bring him in the next, FOREVER, world.


1 comment:

  1. Granny's comments come via email.... :)
    Fantastic music, Carrie.....I am glad you are giving Easter some serious thought. It took me several years before I began to even try to realize the true meaning for Christ's suffering and his immense sacrifice for me (and all people). And, I must admit, I don't think we will ever know all of it until we are in His presence. I continue to pray for you every morning & night.
    Love
    Granny

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!