Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meat Bones

It has been a long, long week. (Swing low.....sweet chariot....too dramatic??)
It has been a long, long....everything. And in my head I've gotten kind of whiny. I have not blogged much in a long while, I keep thinking I have nothing to say. But, really, I miss saying all that nothing.
Today I was chit-chatting with a four-year-old. I said one of those usual grown-up things like "are you growing up big and strong?" and he said "yes, I have Meat Bones!" I said "oh, really? How's that?" He said "I've been eating lots of good food and now have meat bones."
Of course, we know he meant that he has "a lot of meat on his bones" but still....made me smile all day long.
And tonight, when my 3 and 11/12ths niece and I went to McDonalds to pick up dinner she said "Aunt Carrie, why did you hold my hand?" and I said "because I like you!" I don't think kids hear that enough, so I try to say it as much as I can to whatever child I'm hangin' with. It takes a village, people (but not the Village People (ALICIA))....
Other than that, I am just REALLY looking forward to spring...

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh...your blog wasn't updated on my bloglist earlier and I thought, I miss reading your thoughts of nothing and everything. And ummm....though you didn't mean the Village People, I will just think that in my head as a happy thought, because once when I was little (fifth grade, actually, after you abandoned me for awhile...dramatic sigh) Mom told me that Hilary Clinton liked to say that phrase and that she would like for all kids to be taken away by the government and raised. Traumatic? Yes. There you go. Now you know why I'm such a troubled child. HA....On another note, I think February is. The. Longest. Month. Ever. And my least favorite one in teaching. Can't wait for March, and then Spring! One more week! Also, I need to ask you an important sister question. Tell me what a "jigger" is. Because it says in my Weight Watchers manual that I got today I can have a "jigger" of beer, whisky, gin, etc for a certain number of points, and I need to be sure I can measure that amount. NOT! ha....But do you feel proud that I ask you all these important big sister questions? Hmmmm...I guess nothing else is going on to add to this mile-long comment, but while I"m going for the record for longest blog comment ever, perhaps a comment that exceeds the length of said blog entry, itself, I will tell you that your meat bones saying made me think of a little boy in Kindergarten yesterday. He has a big speech issue, and he said "Mit Whitake....he tahted, and it mells tiguting..." And in case you couldn't translate that, it was hard to type it....that was "Miss Whitaker, He farted, and it smells DISGUSTING!" haha Good night seeeeester! (Where did I get "seeeeeester" from anyway? I've been trying to figure that out all week....)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!