Friday, January 8, 2010

Loss

This has been a hard week for my family. Both sides have experienced death. One was unexpected, one was not a total surprise. One was a mom with almost grown kids and lots of years left to live. One was an elderly man with totally grown kids, mostly grown grand kids, and growing great-grand kids, retired for many years and not many things left to accomplish on his life's to-do list, but still a treasured member of his family. Two different lives, the same kind of loss, one more sudden but no more or less a loss than the other. It hurts to see people you love hurting. Pray for us, for my sister-in-law and her family who lost her dear sister (a pain I can NOT imagine), and pray for my in-laws who lost a grandpa and father. I am thankful that I know a God that can comfort any loss, that KNOWS loss, and that sees the bigger picture. I am thankful that where I lack, and what I long for, He will use to draw me closer to him.

1 comment:

Your thoughts are appreciated!