Sunday, December 27, 2009

This is why I don't bake

I have said it before, I would rather cook a meal than bake a dessert, 100 times over. I like that if a sauce needs some zip I can think about what might work and just add it. Or if I have some extra veggies or some random cheese, I can just incorporate them into whatever I'm making.
I was just reading some articles on one of my favorite cooking/food websites Culinate. I was reading about making your own crackers, which sounded kind of fun...until I saw the following instruction: Seriously. 0.0625. I can't deal with that kind of pressure.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a thickness of about 0.0625 inch.

Seriously, 0.0625?? I can't deal with that kind of exactness. What happens if you roll the dough out to 0.0624???? What do you measure this with? Can you eyeball that kind of measurement? Do I need to use some kind of geometrical formula?

You can see this has left me deeply disturbed. Or, more deeply disturbed.
And no, I don't know why my font won't go back to normal above.



1 comment:

  1. Holy cow. How do you make me laugh out loud on every comment or post?! .0625 SERIOUSLY?!!

    Gotta go fetch a washcloth to wipe the spewed coffee off my monitor.

    Try slathering your hands in Vaseline with socks over them overnight. Sounds gross, and it is, but it will help with that "dry skin that has dry skin" problem.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!