Monday, July 13, 2009

Three things you didn't know

***Blog Hopping!


First.


My sister is one of my favorite people in the world. (She is one of MANY, no favorite playing here, no sir!). She is not on my top list just because of her beauty, she doesn't realize she's beautiful! She's not on my list just because she's smart and super driven and hard-working. Or because she can out-procrastinate me. Or can communicate entire volumes to me with just one word and a raised eyebrow. Well, actually it IS JUST BECAUSE of all those things, with the following added bonus:

Nobody cracks us up as much as we do!



Second: Baptists CAN dance. Just not me. Though, that's no secret.



Man, I love that kid! She cracks me up and makes me want to take my job as her Aunt SO SERIOUSLY. I consider it one of my greatest honors to talk to her about Jesus all the live-long day. Plus, girl can DANCE.


And Third:

Finally. . . after a 8-year long "semester off," I will be graduating college!!! In 42 weeks!!! Sure, you may say "But 42 weeks is longer than it takes to grow a baby!
Why are you telling us NOW?"
I tell you NOW because I am excited NOW. I can see the tunnel. And I'm working hard to get to the tunnel so that I can see the light at the END of the tunnel, you know? And it's been HARD. And INCONVENIENT. And of course, if I could go back in time, I'd have napped less, studied more and maybe even, you know, GONE TO CLASS the first time around. But I didn't. So this is the opportunity God has allowed me to complete that task. And I am SO grateful. And who knew being AWAKE could make such a difference??
That's it. Three things. All of them are a huge part of my life and heart.
Glad I could share them with YOU.
P.S. I think this last picture will go on my graduation announcements.
How proud will our Mama be??


***

MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. Wow, hope the 42 weeks goes by fast. What an accomplishment:)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
    browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

    and Comfort Joy Designs
    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

    Deborah

    P.S.
    You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your sis is anything like you, I'm sure she is an absolute delight and riot to be around!!!

    42 weeks isn't that long. It'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoppin in to say hi!

    http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com/2009/07/mcklinky-blog-hop-3-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That girl can dance. Reminds me of you at her age. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arright, my friend. Missing your witty banter on my blog. Was it something I cyber-said? Was it my failure to deliver on the bff necklaces? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are appreciated!