Friday, September 25, 2009

Banana Love

Who knew that this
(pic borrowed from http://hobblecreekkitchen.blogspot.com)


Plus this
Would equal bliss?
The instructions call to add 3 bananas to the cake mix and follow the rest of the directions. I used a bundt pan (anyone else having Big Fat Greek Wedding flashbacks??) and was nervous that I would have a huge mess on my hands.

See where the overflow came through the hole of the bundt?
The cake was so moist, I was worried it wouldn't come out of the pan (this was a worrisome first time recipe, I guess).

It came out quite nicely, and it SMELLED awesome!

I used a basic cream cheese frosting. The picture is blurry, but all the better to hide the lumps in the frosting. This is what we call a "rustic" recipe.

Topped with crushed pecans and ready to head to work.

A close up to show how un-perfectionist I am (in case you weren't already aware of this).

To make:
1 yellow cake mix
oil/water/eggs as called for on mix box
3 very ripe bananas. You could total use 2 and still be fine.
Mix batter, make sure bananas are well blended. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (if using a bundt pan). Otherwise, start with the box instructions for your type of pan and plan on checking towards the end of the baking time and adjusting as necessary.

I have made this again with a more glaze based and lighter frosting. You could even sprinkle powdered sugar over, just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!