Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Niece

I have many nieces and several nephews. One niece, Laura, is 3. She has been scared of Murphy for a while now. Yesterday, she came over and we took him for a walk. She did very well. We talked about praying when we're scared. So every time he looked at her, moved in her direction, sniffed or sneezed. . . she would stop and pray "Dear Jesus, thank you for helping me not be scared of Murphy" in her very cute 3 year old voice. Of course, this made our walk take much longer, but Murphy and I didn't mind.
She also asked me "Aunt Carrie, why does Murphy not have to wipe?" I had just responded with a half-amused "Because he just doesn't" when she came up with the answer on her own, "Is it because him's bottom is so tiny?"
I do so enjoy being involved in the development of a child. Dog therapy, spiritual training, and biology all in one walk. Happy Mother's Day to all my nieces and nephews Mama's! You all rock, and I am so glad you share your kiddos with me.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated!